Winter in the Omaha can wreak havoc on your roof. As your home’s first line of defense against high winds, heavy rains, sleet or snow, its failure to protect can cause great expense, significant damage, and wasted time and money. Roofing Company Omaha Nebraska
Now is the time to give your roof a quick review to ensure that your home is protected. Leaking roof systems can result from several sources. The most common include cracks in flashing around the chimney and vents, worn out or missing shingles, or condensation from inadequate attic ventilation. If your roof is displaying any of the following signs, your roof may be costing you money and leaving your property vulnerable. (http://homepride.net/what-to-consider-when-youre-getting-a-roofing-estimate/)
- Dark, “dirty-looking” areas on a roof – Possible causes: environmental pollutants; vegetation, fungus or algae; loss of granules due to shingle age.
- Missing, cracked or curling shingles – Possible cause: shingles being at the end of their useful life.
- Leakage in the attic after driving rain – Possible cause: leaky or inadequate shingle underlayment or deteriorated flashing.
- Roof shingle, sheathing and siding decay – Possible cause: poor attic ventilation.
- Blistering/peeling of outside paint – Possible cause: excessive temperature or high humidity due to poor attic ventilation.
- Stains on interior ceilings/walls or mold and mildew growth – Possible cause: inadequate or faulty shingle underlayment allowing leakage or inadequate ventilation.
- Excessive energy costs – Possible cause: insufficient attic ventilation allowing heating/cooling system to run excessively.
If you notice any of these warning signs, give us a call at 402-592-5577 or contact us online. Neglecting your roof can cost you money. A worn out, a damaged roof can:
- Decrease the value of your home
- Increase your heating or cooling costs
- Result in higher replacement costs and additional home repair.
A well-installed, well-maintained roof is one of the most important things you can do for your home. Make sure you use a professional roofing contractor, properly licensed and insured for roofing, to fix your problems and do the job right. Don’t hire just anyone to perform repairs or replace your roof.